The Carousel Widget is a tool you can copy and paste into any page of your website to display a row of properties with minimal details through which a visitor may scroll. The property thumbnail can be clicked on to open the details page for that listing. To create a carousel widget, click Designs in the main menu, Widgets in the submenu, and Create from the drop-down menu.
Select Type of Widget
Choose Carousel from the drop-down menu.
Choose Properties to Feature
Use the drop-down menu to choose which property set to display in your carousel, then click Save Changes. The next steps you will take will depend on which property set you choose. Below is an explanation of each option:
- Featured Properties - Any active listing associated with your Agent ID or Office ID (if subscribed to an Office Account). This property set will match the listings showing up under the Listings section in your control panel.
- Supplemental Properties - Any listing that has been manually added to your account in the Listings -> Supplemental area of your control panel. Supplemental listings are listings that are not included in the data we receive from your MLS. These are sometimes called pocket listings.
- Featured + Supplemental - This property set includes all MLS listings associated with your agent or office ID and any supplemental listings you have added to your account.
- Featured Agent(s) Properties - This option will include only the currently active listing of one (or a selection) of the agents in your Office account (an Office level account is necessary for this option).
- Sold/Pending Properties - Any sold or pending listings stored in your account. This property set matches listings found in the Listings -> Sold Pending area of your control panel.
- Custom Search - Choose this option to create a showcase based on search criteria. This option can come in handy if you would like to create a showcase for a neighborhood, subdivision, or area. You can use any search criteria available from your MLS.
- Custom List - Build your property set using a list of MLS ID numbers. This option is great if you would like to display a very specific set of properties. Simply enter in the MLS ID numbers for the properties you would like to display in the carousel.
- Polygon Search (Pt Only)- IDX Broker Platinum offers a polygon search. The polygon search option is useful if you would like to include listings in a very specific area that maybe your MLS doesn't have accurate enough results for using search criteria alone. Using the polygon tool you can draw a shape on a map outlining just the area of listings you want to include. See this article for more information about how to use the Polygon Tool (start on Step 2).
- Build (Copy & Paste) Link - This option allows you to take prebuilt search pages and just paste the link to essentially make a copy of a saved link search results in widget format. Check out this article concerning the Build Link option.
Name your widget and set preferences
Enter a name for your widget in the box provided. You can also set the sorting order of the carousel, the maximum number of columns to include in the carousel and the opacity of the arrows that scroll the next properties.
When you have finished choosing the settings click Build Widget.
Embedding the Widget
Now that the widget is built, you need to display it on your website. Simply copy the code displayed and paste it into the HTML of the webpage where you would like it to appear.
NOTE: if you do not know how to access the HTML in your website or are unsure where to place the Carousel code within the HTML, please contact your website designer or the support team of the company who is providing you with the tools to edit your website for further assistance.
You can also add Custom CSS to this widget using the Custom Widget CSS section.
Once you have placed the widget embed code into your website and published the changes you will be able to see your new carousel immediately.
A note about multiple instances: As with all widgets, if you intend to use this widget in more than one location on your website (for instance both in the sidebar and in the main body) you should create a second widget of the same type for the secondary location. Using the same widget instance more than once on the same page can cause display errors.