To customize the default settings for your IDX map search, click the Preferences button in the main menu, Global Preferences in the submenu, and the Map Search tab.
Here, you have the following options:
- All Results Page Maps - Choose whether you want to display a map on your search Results pages. The map will display directly above the search results and show listings that match the search.
- Display Map On - Choose which types of Results pages will display the map. For instance, you could have a map display only on your standard Results page and not on your Featured, Supplemental, or Sold/Pending properties pages.
- Default Map Type - Choose the graphical style for the map display: Roadmap is default but you can also choose Hybrid or Satellite.
- Pin Type - Choose whether to display properties on the map as a pin or the price of the property.
- Refresh Map - Choose how you want your Map Search page to refresh, either Automatically or Manually. If you choose Automatically then each time the map is moved or zoomed the markers will fully refresh. If you choose Manually then each time the map is moved or zoomed a button will appear for the user to refresh the map markers manually.
Global Latitude & Longitude
The global latitude and longitude setting is similar to your latitude and longitude setting in the Map Search page preferences, except that it governs the center point for all maps within your Control Panel as well. For example, the Saved Link Polygon tool.
If the Latitude and Longitude boxes are empty here, you can add the coordinates by looking up a street address. Press the "Look Up New Values" button and enter a street address and postal code, no city or state are necessary.
You can also set the global default zoom level here as well.
Pin Clustering in Platinum
In IDX Broker Platinum, you can enable Pin Clustering for the Desktop IDX pages, the Mobile IDX pages or both. This allows for more than 50 property listings per map.
After you have chosen your settings, click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.